It’s time for the next contest! This one is another Facebook contest, and it is open to everyone. The premise is simple: Share the Facebook page with your friends!
Many of my friends have already done this, and I am extremely grateful. Now, I can express my thanks by offering a prize! Between now and Thanksgiving Weekend (context will go through Sunday of that Holiday Weekend), share the Galaxis Book page on your Facebook newsfeed.
Share the page as often as you like! If somebody likes the page based on your share, you will earn two points! Every newsfeed share is worth one point. Every page like that results from the share on your newsfeed is worth two points. Once the contest expires, the points for each will be totaled up.
The prize will go to the individual with the highest score. The winner has the choice of receiving an electronic copy or a printed copy of the ORIGINAL Manuscript of “Galaxis: The Settling of Lorning.” The original manuscript is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the released book.
Congratulations!! Jordan Tews has won a free copy of “Galaxis: The Settling of Lornia.”
Contest #3 officially ended at midnight last night. There were 40 likes on the Facebook page, so one winner was selected to receive a prize. Congratulations, Jordan!!
The next contest will be announced in a few days, so stay tuned!
The last contest was a success, with over three hundred people tweeting about Galaxis! Some people mentioned that they do not have twitter, so this contest is just for them (and anyone else on Facebook)!
Between now through Halloween, all you have to do is like the Galaxis Book Facebook page, and you will automatically be entered for a chance to win a copy of Galaxis: The Settling of Lornia!
Wait a minute! you say…
I already like the page! you say…
That’s wonderful!! You are a cut above the rest, and are already entered!! As a token of my appreciation for your support, there is absolutely nothing you need to do. Just sit back and see if you win and know that you have my thanks :).
If you do not already like the page, then now is your chance! There is a link at the top of the blog post, so click on the link and then “like” it and you are entered to win!
The number of prizes will be determined by the total number of likes at the end of the contest. Here is the breakdown:
1-50 Likes: 1 Prize
51-100 Likes: 2 Prizes
101-150 Likes: 4 Prizes
151-200 Likes: 6 Prizes
What if you get more than 200 likes? That’s a good question. I’m trying to keep things realistic given the short time frame, but if there are more than 200 likes, I will add in other prizes to go along with the free book.
Thank you to everyone who made Contest #2 a success. Good luck in Contest #3!!
Congratulations!! Willow Sorna has won a free copy of “Galaxis: The Settling of Lornia.”
Contest #2 officially ended at midnight last night. Throughout the week, 320 people sent a tweet and were automatically entered in the contest. That was far more successful than I had anticipated.
Some people noted that they did not have twitter and thus were unable to enter. By going through Amazon, the choices were limited. The next contest will go through Facebook, and then possibly one for Instagram and another for LinkedIn.
The next contest will be announced in a few days, so stay tuned!
I’m going to be honest, the first contest did not draw the attention that I had hoped it would. That is ok, though. Some ideas will work, some may not. That does not mean I give up, it means I move to the next idea.
Which leads me to the point of this post. The next contest!
This is really simple. All you have to do is send a tweet. That’s it! Once you do that, you are automatically entered into a contest to win a FREE copy of “Galaxis: The Settling of Lornia.”
Click on this link:
Follow the instructions to send the tweet and you are automatically entered! It’s that simple!
If this contest succeeds, I’ll run another one with more prizes, which means bigger chances of winning! Good luck and than you for your support of Galaxis!
Announcing the first ever Galaxis contest! Make yourself into a your favorite Science Fiction Character. Take a picture of yourself, or edit a picture of yourself, and send it in. All pictures will be subject to a vote and the winner will receive a copy of the ORIGINAL Manuscript!
1) ENTRY: Contest is open to anyone and everyone. Enter your pictures by sending to the Galaxis Book Page in a private message (link to Facebook page is at the top of this blog page). Pictures must be submitted by 8 P.M. EDT, Friday, 6 October, 2017. The picture must be of the individual submitting it. Submitting pictures of other people is not permitted.
2) JUDGING: Pictures will be placed in an album on the Galaxis Facebook Page. The album will be open for viewing/judging from 12:01 A.M through 11:29 P.M. Saturday, 7 October, 2017. Pictures will be judged by the Facebook community. Members will “vote” for their favorite picture by liking or reacting to it (any like or reaction to the photo will count as a vote for that picture). Only one vote per person is permitted.
3) VOTER ELIGIBILITY: Anybody may vote for any picture that is posted. As mentioned above, only one vote per person is permitted. If an individual votes for more than one picture, all votes from that individual will be disqualified from scoring.
4) SOLICITING VOTES: Contest participants may use any means and any platform to solicit votes for their individual picture. They may share the picture on any social media outlet as many times as they wish. The only limit is your imagination.
5) SCORING: There will be two tiers to the scoring. Tier 1 encompasses those who like Galaxis Book page. Tier 1 votes will be worth 5 points. Tier 2 encompasses everybody else. Tier 2 votes will be worth 3 points. The final score for each picture will be the totals between the two tiers.
6) PRIZE: The prize will go to the individual in the picture with the highest score. Winner has the choice of receiving an electronic copy or a printed copy of the ORIGINAL Manuscript of “Galaxis: The Settling of Lorning.” The original manuscript is roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the released book.
7) QUESTIONS: Questions may be submitted by commenting either on the blog post or on the Facebook post, OR by sending the Galaxis Book page a private message. Please note that questions sent via private message will be posted (along with the answer) on the page so that everyone may have a fair shot.